
I choose a better way to live! Henceforth each morning, I will awake and fall to my knees and give thanks to God for the gift that only He can bestow--a new day. This is my most priceless possession. If ever I should feel ungrateful and treat this miracle lightly, I need only open my morning newspaper to the obituary section and scan the long list of names there--names of people who would be most pleased to change places with me despite my problems. There are no problems in a cemetery. I would rather be here than there. I am grateful for this fresh opportunity. I will show my gratitude in everything I do, this day. A sundial counts only the hours of sunshine, but I will count them all. I will treasure each minute. I am immortal until my work is done and I have only begun. Thank you for these hours, God. I needed this day to prove that your faith in my ability was not misplaced. I depart from home smiling. The birds--when did I last hear them singing? How fortunate I am to be here...



3 comments:
Good post! I love the new blog layout!!
Well hello Linfords! The world of blogging has caused our paths to cross! We have thought often about you guys and wondered how life has treated you. It appears that you are all well and firm in faith. We enjoyed your blog and seeing how the family has changed and grown. Our family has gone from three and one-half children in Provo to ten in Tennessee! How's that for a conversation starter? email me at elainehurst@yahoo.com and let's catch up with each other!
Hey Allison,
My mom (Elaine) wanted me to send you an invite to my blog... I update ours more often than she does... Its mostly of my family of course but my parents family and my family do alot together so they are on my page quite often! I have a vague memory of being at your house when I was really young! Good times!
I hope you dont mind the random invite, but thats who Mike and Tycie Doyle are (if you were wondering who that invite was from) in your email box!
I loved looking at your blog and seeing all your kids and how theyve grown... i remember having a huge crush on jackson... (shh, dont tell) you childrens families are all so beautiful!
Post a Comment