We may not have it all together, but together we HAVE IT ALL!

We may not have it all together, but together we HAVE IT ALL!
The contents of this blog (pictures and posts) belong to me. DO NOT take any of it WITHOUT my written PERMISSION.

A Glimps Of Our Odyssey

Thursday, October 15

A Feeling of Perfection!!

I am going to impart my infinite wisdom about perfection upon all my readers today. Often I have been told that I am OCD, well I agree! When it comes to toilet paper squares being folded in a perfect triangle, (just like in hotels), my lawn cut in a crisscut pattern each week, (so it looks like the outfield of a baseball diamond) Yes I do keep both of my tables set, you never know when you might have unexpected visitors, and I do have a carpet rake, and yes I do use it quite often. Below case in point.
I guess you could classify me as a person with issues or some degree of OCD. However I have come to realize that ”OCD” and the word “Perfection” or the art of being perfect are 2 very different things, For some reason unbeknownst to me, I have been thinking a lot lately about my life, and wondering if am I achieving perfection, am I measuring up? I have come to the conclusion, that I am achieving perfection, SHOCKER! I know. Let me explain.

Perfection according to Miriam Webster: conforming absolutely to the description or definition of an ideal type: a perfect sphere.

Perfection! According to Allie: Actually the definitions aren't that different, just worded different. Perfection is waking up to the man you married 30 years ago and feeling an overwhelming amount of gratitude that he is the man you have by your side. It’s that feeling of excitement you get in your heart when you see his car enter the driveway after a long day.
It’s watching your son, a worthy priesthood holder lead his beautiful daughter into the waters of baptism.
It’s bidding farewell to faithful sons as they embark on a mission of service to the Lord.
Posted by Picasa
It’s looking at your grown children and saying to yourself “this is just how I hoped they would turn out”. It’s walking into a room where your sweetheart, and all of your children, and grandchildren are gathered and thinking to yourself “I’m glad they belong to me”.
Yes, I suppose I will still have OCD when it comes to certain things but I have come to the understanding that having a perfect house and yard will not ever bring me true happiness. Those things are good, but that is not where I will find my “real” perfection, I will find it in this beautiful life that God has blessed me with, I will find it in people and deeds not things.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I must say that when it comes to cleaning my house, and cleaning OTHER houses....your example of "OCD" comes in handy. Except- I am an all or nothing type person as well. SO, it's either PERFECTLY clean or a COMPLETE DISASTER. I am glad that my family is mine too.

Marilyn said...

Allie, man, I am neither OCD or perfect....just lazy I guess. Come and set my tables just as beautiful as yours okay? What beautiful pictures! You are always so great at blogging, too!

LeMira said...

One question: After I use your bathroom, do I need to fold the toilet paper back into the triangle?

Actually, I love your house, and I always have you in my head reminding me that I should have a tidy home so that I can always be ready to have people over and help them feel welcome. Speaking of which, I'd better get to work . . . maybe someone will show up if my house is clean. Actually, they tend to come when it's a mess. . .

A Glimps Of Our Odyssey

"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."