It's been a little over 2 years, since I walked into the office of
This was one of the BEST decisions I have made in my adult life. I had an overbite that was quite obvious to me and it drove me crazy. I hated my smile and would avoid smiling as much as possible. (That's no way to live your life.)
However this was the least of my oral problems...
It was impossible for me to bite all the way through anything, since my upper and lower teeth didn't touch. I would bite through a ham & cheese sandwich and get bread but no meat.
*
Before the braces 03/2008
*
My bite was so far out of alignment, my upper jaw was extremely narrow and my lower jaw was extremely wide. It's really not hard to imagine the difficulties that would arise in my life due to such a weird circumstance.
Every time I would go to the dentist, he would always look at my mouth in such awe, and ask me when I was going to get it fixed. (I was a little afraid, mostly of the oral surgery)
*
Present Day 07/2010
If you look at my upper jaw you can see how much wider it is now. Than in the "before" picture
*
2 1/2 years of braces have brought my upper and lower jaw enough into alignment that I can actually touch top and bottom teeth for the first time ever in my life. Woo Hoo!!!
WHAT A RELIEF!!!!
Well on my last visit, Dr. Trapnell told me it was time to move into the next phase of my treatment.
The dreaded day has finally arrived.
The visit to Dr. Michael Harris at Utah Surgical Arts
The visit to Dr. Michael Harris at Utah Surgical Arts
For the final phase.....
The oral surgery. I have no idea what he is going to do to me and I would really rather not think about it until I ABSOLUTELY have to. That whole process sure FREAKS me out.
Oh well at least then I will have a beautiful smile and a NORMAL jaw.
I can see a HUGE difference, and does everyone else.
I can see a HUGE difference, and does everyone else.
*
Aw SNAP! it must be hereditary look who else needs Dr's. Fairbanks and Trapnell.
*
One day our son Jayson noticed that both Mack and Andi would bite with their side teeth instead of the front teeth, because the front teeth won't bite through anything. (I know that feeling all too well) they have the same problem with the upper and lower jaw bones... I felt so bad about passing this awful trait on to them, but that is not where it stopped. Ashley informed me shortly after that her little Linford would also be needing the treatment. Yep same problem. And they probably won't be the only Little ones in this family that will need this.
I feel ya!
*
One consolation, if the problem is corrected as a child there is no need for the surgery.







1 comment:
When are those things going to come off you??? Be sure and post some pics when they do :)
Post a Comment