I had a very "RUDE" awakening last night,
I took Jay with me to Cosco, he spent quite a bit of time ogling and trying on the Carhartt Duck Arctic Traditional Coat....
*
*
In desperation I handed him a VERY SHARP Kenneth Cole (charcoal) Pea Coat and mentioned that It was much better looking.
*
He emphatically Disagreed. I fear the
"UTAH FARM BOY/RED NECK"
is resurfacing... What's next a nice pair of Wrangler jeans? {Oh Sigh}.
*
And all this coming from a man that actually put these jeans on!
And enjoyed wearing them..
*
If I had to choose I'm afraid that I would pick the South Beach jeans...
Needless to say, Jay will not be invited to accompany me to Cosco for a very long time, at least not until I know they have gotten rid of the Carhartt gear.
That's all I need Jay in Carhartt and Wranglers...
Have mercy!
************************
The Consummate "Pack Rat" Among Other Things!
*

I feel the need to reform some of Jay's, shall we say "Habits" He is the epitome of the words
"Pack Rat"
I love my home, but there are definitely some major flaws in the design, namely the fact that the master bedroom is right off of the Kitchen----I mean RIGHT OFF of the kitchen.. Jay and I felt that it was necessary to have a keyed lock on the door since it is our bedroom and it would be very easy to mistake it for "just another room" Privacy--you know!!!!
*
The problem with this type of lock is you have to remember to physically unlock the door or it will remain locked when you close the door. But this should not really be a problem since we have a plethora of spare keys and the Wilson's have a spare just in case.. The keys are always put in the "Key Cupboard" in the kitchen, THAT'S WHERE THEY GO, THAT'S WHERE THEY SHOULD ALWAYS BE, RIGHT-----WRONG!!
*
Let me start from the beginning.... On Sunday we had a get-together at our home after McCartney's blessing, Linsey put McCartney's things in our bedroom so she would have easy access to them.
after a few hours, guest's began to leave and I decided to change my clothes, however we still had a houseful so I thought it would be prudent to lock my door. I changed and exited the room, closing the door behind me. Whoops I forgot to un-lock it.. No problem we have many keys to un-lock it right?
Jordan and Linsey were finally ready to go home and Linsey went to open the door and found that it was locked. I went to the key cupboard to get a key but------NO KEY. Jay had left them in our room, No problem we will just go over to the Wilson's and use the spare we gave them-------PROBLEM Wilson's are in Idaho. After much deliberation and a HUGE lecture form Jay telling me to "always un-lock the door when you leave the room" and wondering where the extra keys could be, (remember this is the man that left the keys in there in the first place) he decided the only way to enter the room would be to take off the door stop. So with Jordan's help he began the process, Huge Mess. Then a light went on in Jordan's head..He had one of our spare keys. (A little late now) Damage is done...Like Father Like Son
*
The next morning bright and early Jay bought the necessary parts and fixed the door stop I felt a little guilty and told him I would paint it.
I felt guilty UNTIL I was doing a little organizing in Jay's closet and guess what I found? You Guessed It!!! Spare keys in his drawer, not 1 but 3 keys, (THESE WERE THE KEYS THAT JAY WAS LECTURING ME ABOUT WONDERING WHERE THEY COULD BE) along with the lost key to the Navigator, and the remote control to the house alarm.
*

Finding these things made me wonder what else he had stashed away in there. I was so "shocked" at what I would find next, I NEVER EXPECTED THIS...... WHO IS THIS MAN??? Is he a closet backpacker wannabe. Notice this is a magazine he subscribes to not just a one time purchase. He must read it every month.
*

What really worried me was this Utah hat so neatly placed as to keep it in good shape, and this is no cheap cap it's fitted, I think he paid good money for it. Remember he graduated from and played football for the GREAT BYU..... There must be some explanation for this.
*

After cleaning out his closet I thought I better head to his chest of Drawers and see what goodies he had stashed there.. I found 24 pairs of athletic shorts and 9 pairs of swim trunks. He plays racquetball 4 days a week and lifts 3 nights a week. 4 + 3 = 7 and I do keep up on the laundry----24 pairs of gym shorts come on. Oh yeah I found 22 baseball caps as well. Pack Rat----
I think YES!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment