We may not have it all together, but together we HAVE IT ALL!

We may not have it all together, but together we HAVE IT ALL!
The contents of this blog (pictures and posts) belong to me. DO NOT take any of it WITHOUT my written PERMISSION.

A Glimps Of Our Odyssey

Thursday, May 5

Wonderful Mothers!!!

I am grateful for these 4 beautiful women. My amazing beautiful daughter and 3 incredible darling daughter's-in-law. These 4 women posses all the qualities and attributes of greatness. They are the Mothers of the most incredible little people in my life, my 9 perfect grandchildren. They are all doing such a great job raising these children and I couldn't love them more. All of them have strong testimonies and are teaching their children correct principles in the Gospel. Each one of them understands the magnitude of the job they have embarked on as Mothers. I am also so grateful to Karen, Marilyn, and Sue for raising their Daughters to be upstanding righteous women, I can't really take too much credit for my own precious Daughter, she just came to us that way. As you can see I absolutely love these awesome girls. Happy mothers day girls, you are the greatest.
*
Ashley Linford McBride, Mother of: Hewitt, Linford, Harper
and new baby arriving 09/23/2011
*

Linsey Linford (Jordan), Mother of: McCartney
and new baby to arrive in October 2011
*
Heather Linford (Jackson), Mother of: Halle, Jack Jack and Carson
*
Brigitte Linford (Jayson), Mother of: Mack, Andi
and Baby girl arriving in June.
*
***
As Mothers day approaches I find myself spending more time then usual reflecting on my life as a Mother.
What a "huge" responsibility, being entrusted with the lives of other human beings, children of our Heavenly Father.
I always seem to ask myself the question “did I do a good job” As I look back over the years I wonder if I could go back and do it all over again, would I do things different?
The answer--- Sure I would.
I think we all would like a second chance to do it all RIGHT!! No mistakes.
Here’s one thing I do know to be true-- we just do the best we can and rely on the Lord for the rest.
So here’s my advice to all of you Mothers out there who have ever wondered if they did it right. What difference does it make now, we can’t go back, we can’t change the past. So move on and make the present and the future the best it can be.
*
What would Mothers day be with out a tribute to the Mothers that raised Jay and I..
I am so grateful for both of them..
I am always amazed at what a wonderful Mother I had, she was a little orphan girl raised in Foster homes, separated from her siblings and never really having a place she could call home,
Her meager, deprived beginnings never stopped her from growing up and becoming one of the GREAT women of this world.
She married the man of her dreams, of course a BYU football player. I think it must have been difficult coming from her background and marrying into one of the most Prominent families in Utah. Expectations were high and a lot came with the Smith name but she didn't skip a beat, she fit right in. She always taught us to honor our family name, and Smith heritage..
She's just a tiny little slip of a women standing 4 foot 11 inches tall, but inside that tiny little body is a GIANT spirit of a woman, respected and loved by all who know her.
She taught me so many wonderful things, that I hold dear still today.
She loved my Father and made sure we all knew it, she worked hard and kept a beautiful home. Friends were always welcome there!
I definitely share her passion for gardening and yard work, I think that's where I get my
"yard OCD" from.
She was always fit and loved gym time, another habit I picked up form her...
I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.
Happy Mothers day Moms!!
*
My Mom & Dad with the 1st. 5 of 10 children.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Sweet, sweet post! The part about mom brought tears to my eyes... I really love that lady! You have been a great mom too... Have a fabulous mother's day! I love you and your sweet family!

A Glimps Of Our Odyssey

"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."