We may not have it all together, but together we HAVE IT ALL!

We may not have it all together, but together we HAVE IT ALL!
The contents of this blog (pictures and posts) belong to me. DO NOT take any of it WITHOUT my written PERMISSION.

A Glimps Of Our Odyssey

Friday, September 4

Gratitude


A few years ago I was asked to help with the high school graduation all nighter, I was asked to take charge of one of the rooms " The Spa Room" It was my responsibility to decorate and supply the room along with finding professional massage therapists and make up artist's to donate their time as well. I was excited about the opportunity and a little overwhelmed by the magnitude of my task. I began about a month prior to the event and by the time the graduation came around I was ready. It was a long month and I wanted everything to be just right, I was thrilled with the outcome of my room as was everyone else, my hard work had paid off. At the end of the night the chairman of the event came into my room, I thought she would thank me for my service and for the complete success of my room, but much to my surprise the only response she gave me was "make sure you get everything back where it belongs" I have thought about this experience from time to time and I decided back then that it is important to always show our gratitude to those who render service and love in our behalf.

Last week I received a phone call from a dear friend, we talk often so it didn't surprise me when I saw her name on the caller ID, i was however surprised to find out that the the only reason for her call was to tell me that she was grateful for my friendship and that she loved me. "WOW" how far does that go.

I have a son who often does the same kind of thing. On special occasions instead of expensive gifts he will give me a special letter written from his heart, expressing how grateful he is for me and for all that I have done for him and stating his love for me, Through the years he has given me so many of those letters that I have lost count. I have read and re-read those letters so many times, they mean more to me then any expensive gift ever could. They are my most prize possessions. Each time he calls me he never hangs up the phone without telling me he loves me.

I have been thinking a lot lately about gratitude and I wish the world could understand the distance just a simple "thank you" or "I love you" goes. We could change the world if we would just apply this principle to our daily lives.

1 comment:

Joel said...

Allie, your facebook posts are all perfectly acceptable. I can vouch that you definitely have a life that can justifiably be called the best. What's interesting is how predictable some people's updates are. It's fun to try and guess who said what.

A Glimps Of Our Odyssey

"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."