We may not have it all together, but together we HAVE IT ALL!

We may not have it all together, but together we HAVE IT ALL!
The contents of this blog (pictures and posts) belong to me. DO NOT take any of it WITHOUT my written PERMISSION.

A Glimps Of Our Odyssey

Friday, February 5

Day 5----I Fear The Honeymoon Is over!!

Well here we are living the
"DREAM"
wait a minute we're in college, The dream will have to wait a few years down that old rocky road..
I was still in lala land and reality was about to bite me pretty hard in the old "KIESTER". We were living on BYU campus in the lovely--
Wymount Terrace.
Or as we affectionately referred to it, the

"Rabbit Hutches"for obvious reasons.

Our apartment is the one with the red dot.
We really did love it here. So many treasured memories.
******
It was here that I got hit with a huge dose of reality. Jay and I were both going to school full time, which with two kids was a huge task in itself. But put BYU football on top of that and you really have something. We were used to a small JC football program, things were very different in a huge Division one program. we were in the
"BIGS" now, and I learned what the term
"FOOTBALL WIDOW"
really meant, and I wasn't liking it one bit.... I missed Jay so much, and I was feeling so lonely overwhelmed, and sorry for myself. I needed my best friends big shoulder to cry on, but that was Jay and he was a little scarce these days.
Anyone that thinks football is ONLY a fall sport is seriously MISTAKEN.
It's year round, 24 hours a day, grueling, painful, rewarding etc, etc, etc... You get the picture..Here I was with my two babies and no husband..
******
1981 "Hunka, Hunka Burnin' Love..."
For the first time in my marriage my heart was aching for those big strong arms wrapped around me. Jay was spending most of his time in school, on road trips, on the practice field, the field house or (his favorite place) the football training table at the Cannon center. Did I mention that all scholarship players eat in the training table during the season..
******
1982
One day a few of us wives decided to go and see are husbands in between practices, I was exposed to something I had never witnessed before in my life and truly hoped I would never witness again.
I found my husband already sitting down to enjoy his evening meal. so I took a seat beside him when I noticed one of the offensive lineman (who shall remain nameless, for obvious reasons) walking towards us, nothing seemed out of the ordinary until he approached the table and sat down directly across from me. I noticed that he didn't bother to put a plate on his tray.
******
he just loaded his food right onto the tray with more food than I had ever seen, I couldn't believe my eyes but this was nothing compared to what was coming. He had 2 forks one for each hand and he just started shoveling in the food never even looking up. I kept looking over at Jay to see if he was also in amazement of the event we were witnessing, but he didn't skip a beat. Apparently this was normal behavior at training table. Needless to say I didn't ever visit during mealtime ever again.
******
******
1983 What a "HANDSOME" Guy
Well here I was so overwhelmed with LIFE in general.. What is it they say? when you're feeling overwhelmed add more and you will feel more grateful. Well I had enough of feeling GRATEFUL
but I guess the Lord didn't think so, Because here comes a whole heap of a lot
MORE.
My thoughts-----
PLEASE STOP THIS ROLLER COASTER, I WANT TO GET OFF.
That life I thought I was so in control of had spun so far out of control I didn't know if I was coming or going.
******

No comments:

A Glimps Of Our Odyssey

"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."