We may not have it all together, but together we HAVE IT ALL!

We may not have it all together, but together we HAVE IT ALL!
The contents of this blog (pictures and posts) belong to me. DO NOT take any of it WITHOUT my written PERMISSION.

A Glimps Of Our Odyssey

Tuesday, February 9

Day 9 To Everything There is a Season....

If you are tuning in to my 14 days of lovin' for the first time . You might want to start at the beginning which is all the way down at the bottom.

I have loved doing these posts. it seems each time I do a new one it takes me right back to that time and place. I never thought I would get so emotional but I'm telling you I have shed quite a few tears remembering these special times. And I think I'm falling in love with Jay all over again. It's also made me realize that I hit the MOTHER LOAD with this guy. Such a LUCKY girl....

******

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

******

I remember the day I received the dreaded phone call, the call I always knew would someday come, because they always do.

I knew when I heard the tone of Jay's voice on the other end of the line, that he was going to tell me that it was finally over.

Tampa had been able to sign a player that was all pro, the great Dave Logan who they had been trying to sign for years, and in order to pay his salary they would need to cut 3 players Jay being one of them.

By this time I had adjusted to this life and was looking forward to many more years of being a

"Players Wife"

But now it was all over and I felt SICK inside... I was worried about Jay and how this would effect him. Phil (his agent) paid us a visit with good news,

San Francisco wanted to give him a shot.

I was shocked to hear Jay tell Phil that it was over, and that he didn't want to be bounced around from team to team just to end up on waivers or getting cut like so many of his friends. He had his opportunity and he took it, it was an amazing experience, a chance of a lifetime and he was forever grateful for it, but it was simply over. He decided that it was time to do what really mattered.

HUSBAND and DADDY!!!

And that was the last we ever heard from Phil Vickers...

Football had been a major part of our lives and our marriage, and it had been a huge part of Jays life, he had been playing the game for 10 years, it was part of who he was. Something changed in Jay that day, I could see it in his eyes, It hurt deep down inside. We both shed quite a few tears that week,and I wondered if he would ever be the same....

TO EVERYTHING THERE IS A SEASON,AND A TIME TO EVERY PURPOSE UNDER HEAVEN.

There was a season and a time for football, but that season was to be no more, but I think we both knew it was only over for a

"TIME"------ A "SEASON" if you will.... not forever.

I finally had my "GUY" back by my side and it felt "GOOD" Jay graduated form BYU and I was Proud!!!!He looked so handsome in that cap and gown.

******

We had changed so much from that day that we first stepped foot onto BYU campus. We were just kids then (we weren't even legal adults yet) so much life ahead and so much yet to learn.
******

"GOAL ACCOMPLISHED"

******

I know in the end it was Jay holding the diploma and he was the one with the degree, but WE DID IT TOGETHER... We defied the odds. Like I said it's always been

JAY and ME....

We closed that chapter in our lives, goodbye to our beloved BYU. We didn't know it then but one day we would return back here, right where it all started, to this place where we became an "US" To this place we LOVED so much. This time it would be in a very different capacity.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE BYU. That beautiful campus holds so many dear, and cherished memories for me and my sweetheart and I believe it always will.

******

these pictures were taken just weeks before our move into our new home.

******

Jackson 7 years old, Jayson 6 Years old, Jordan 4 years old, and Ashley 3 years old. 4 kids in 4 1/2 years, now there's a feat....We had gone 3 years with no more babies born. I guess Jay was right we did figure it out. WHEW....
******

We bought our first home in Heather Ridge located in north east Orem, It was a beautiful home in the "SWEETEST" neighborhood. And life took on a whole new form... For our little "Brood."

******


1 comment:

jen hulet said...

Oh my GOSH!! I love those family pictures. Absolutely adorable...Where has the time gone!

A Glimps Of Our Odyssey

"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."