We may not have it all together, but together we HAVE IT ALL!

We may not have it all together, but together we HAVE IT ALL!
The contents of this blog (pictures and posts) belong to me. DO NOT take any of it WITHOUT my written PERMISSION.

A Glimps Of Our Odyssey

Saturday, February 13

Day 14 Nearly Perfect....

If you are tuning in to 14 days of lovin for the first time you should start at the beginning with the first post way down at the bottom.
Oh I'm so grateful this day is finally here for so many reasons.
First, because this 14 days of lovin' turned out to be a much bigger TASK than I first thought it would be. But I am grateful for it because it was a wonderful walk though time.
Second, because I get to write a tribute to the greatest man I have ever known, my
"Soul Mate"
Oh how I love him....What a wonderful life we have shared together. I know he truly knows my HEART!
Together we created our own beautiful "Fairytale"
**
There are times when I need to pinch myself to make sure I'm not in a dream. The sweetest moments I have ever known are those that have been spent with him. I fall apart And just a word from him Somehow seems to fix Whatever's wrong. He can reach into the weakest moments and remind me that I'm strong. Nothing makes sense when he's not here. As if my whole world disappears.
Without him what's the point of it.

This was the greatest day of my life. There are no words to describe the feelings I felt on this blessed day.
January 2008 The whole family in the Timpanogaos temple..
All of us there together for the first time. What an incredible sight.
**
Even thinking about it still today overwhelms me and brings me to tears.
You see on this day I got a glimpse of what
HEAVEN LOOKS LIKE...
And everything that I love in this world was right there experiencing it with me.
This was the day that ALL of my children and their eternal partners were in the Temple TOGETHER for the first time.. All of them worthy to be there.
My greatest desire as a wife and mother was to be able to one day witness this beautiful sight. But in my wildest dreams I never imagined it would be this AMAZING...
I took one look at Jay and I knew exactly what he was thinking.
WE DID IT...
Is this what Heaven looks like? I will answer that question with a resounding------
YES.....
**
We defied the odds..We MADE IT and it has been an amazing journey. It has not been perfect but it's pretty darn close to perfection....I can' wait for the next 31 years.
**
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Forever and "MORE"
This is Jay I had to sneak away to add in my 2 bits!! As most of you know that know both of us Allie is the driven one. She is the anchor to my soul and the strength of our family. I am the one that truly has been blessed to marry such an amazing person. Lets be honest we were just kids ourselves. I believe that you make your own luck and together we have made ours as you look through our journey and read between the lines Allie basically had to finish raising me right along with our kids. She is probably not done yet. I look at the wonderful strong woman it is that I have been married to for 31 years and I realize that she is the reason our children are anchored in the gospel and that we are forging our way into the future together. Even if I still get exhausted from chasing her around the house its always worth it when I catch her. I am the luckiest man in the world. I love you Sweetheart!!!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

The 14 days idea was so great. It was fun to see your past and how you made it to your present. We especially enjoyed seeing the pictures of Bishop with hair! (Josh won't admit to blogging, but I did show him.) And yes, next time you are in Vegas do let us know so we can see you!

A Glimps Of Our Odyssey

"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."