I have felt inspired by a post I read from Brigitte's blog, after reading her latest post I felt moved to also post about a subject very near and dear to my heart, The holy temple of the church of Jesus Christ of later day saints. In a world so full of despair and hopelessness there truly is a beautiful place where we can find peace. The temple is the only place I know where we can block out the troubles and evils of the world and find true peace and happiness.
I had the honor of attending twice last week, both times with my ward. On Tuesday I went with the young women as they were baptised for the dead and then again on Wednesday with our whole ward in preparation for our ward conference. Each visit re-rejuvenated me in ways that I can't explain. I feel that it fitting during this month of thanksgiving to give thanks for the great blessing of temples.
In the midst of all the confusion, concern, and great loss, I understood as never before the peace to which Christ referred when he said: ‘Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.’ (John 14:27.)
I have included in this post a picture of our whole family standing in front of the Mt. Timpanogos temple on the day of Jordan's wedding last January. I remember that day sitting inside the celestial room looking across the room at all of my children with their eternal sweethearts and feeling so blessed to have the blessings of the temple.
A Glimps Of Our Odyssey
Saturday, November 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Hey, Can you email me that picture???? To my Gmail account??? I agree, The temple is such an amazing wonderful spiritual place, words can't really describe the feelings you feel for and in the temple.
the temple means more and more to me the more I go, I love it!! We really need to all go together more. Maybe this week sometime? Anyway I know what you mean, I love the spirit I feel in the temple.
Happy Birthday Allison! We love you, and hope that you had a great day:)!
Post a Comment