Have you ever heard the term
"Jerry Rig"
It's a term we refer to quite often around our home. Anyone who really knows the
LINFORD FAMILY knows exactly why.. You see I married the
"MASTER" Jerry Rigger..
You ask, what does JERRY RIGGED mean?
To put together in a way that works, but is contrary to the “norm” or specific directions (instructions). To put together in an unusual, better or temporary way. The temporary nature of the solution and can imply an ingenious solution done with materials at hand.
Yes that sounds right.. According to Jay no home should ever be without Duct Tape, Screws. Screw Gun/Drill, Gorilla Glue, Zip Ties, and Bailing Wire. And I might add that the old screw gun/drill works for more than just drilling or screwing. Yes he used it once for a make-shift beater..
**
In his words,
"You can fix anything if you have those few items on hand" and I would have to say I agree, I have witnessed him work wonders with these few items, though skeptical at times, he never ceases to amaze me.
**
I was taken back just a little yesterday, by one of Jay's Jerry rigged items.
GI Joe had his gas mask permanently affixed to his head..
**
Jack-Jack and Hewitt were playing with the action figure, when Jack-Jack brought GI Joe to me and asked me to take off his gas mask so he could put the sunglasses and baseball cap on in place of the mask. In the weeks prior to this day the boys had been having trouble getting the gas mask to stay in place on GI Joe's head. I had put it on many times using the straps that came with the action figure. It seemed sufficient to me.
Well Jack-Jack handed the GI Joe to me, and as I was looking over the project at hand, Hewitt spoke up and said "You'll never get that off Pop's put it on forever." And he was right.
Now Jay was "JERRY RIGGING" the kids toys. and yes he used one of the above named items.
Needless to say GI Joe will be wearing that gas mask permanently.
**
Case in point.
the temporary nature of the solution and can imply an ingenious solution done with materials at hand. And that's exactly what he did here. Nephi Costumes for all the boys, with only materials at hand. They loved them.
**



1 comment:
Okay, now that's funny! I am guessing that it was Hewitt that wanted the gas mask on forever:).
Post a Comment