We may not have it all together, but together we HAVE IT ALL!

We may not have it all together, but together we HAVE IT ALL!
The contents of this blog (pictures and posts) belong to me. DO NOT take any of it WITHOUT my written PERMISSION.

A Glimps Of Our Odyssey

Saturday, July 24

Lawns, Neighbors, and Lemonade....

Today as I was mowing my lawn I noticed that the Mella's lawn needed to be mowed as well. they have been out of town and I thought it would be nice for them to come home to neatly mowed lawn today.
So I decided to continue on and mow theirs as well.
In the 4 years that we have been neighbors we have never been in sync when it comes to mow day so this would be a first.
Not only did they both get mowed on the same day, but they are mowed in the same pattern as well... Woo Hoo!!!
I might add that I really did owe them BIG TIME..... They are the ABSOLUTE best neighbors anyone could ever ask for.
We simply LOVE them. I can't even count the number of times we have awakened to a sidewalk and driveway that have been shoveled, and cleared of snow, not to mention the countless meals that Martta has given to Jay just because she knows he LOVES her cooking/food {she is the best cook} And the wonderful evenings sitting outside enjoying each others company.
*
My Grass receptacle has never been this full. Good thing pick up is on Monday.
*
The Diagonal cut is my favorite. I did theirs Criss Cut today {It was long}I usually cut mine in a different direction each week. It's just my OCD kicking in I guess.
*
I never realized that our "Low Maintenance" yard would require so much "Maintenance"
I have to trim these shrubs twice a month.
But they do look nice and with the Wilson's on the other side of us I feel like I need to keep them looking clean and shaped. Theirs are amazing {Karen trims hers every week} And where is J when all this mowing and trimming is going on?
Well, he'll tell ya~~~~~~It's just not his thing!
*
I never want the shrubs to cover my view on the porch. We get so much use out of this porch. We love to hang out here with our AWESOME neighbors and dear Friends sipping lemonade, and enjoying the LAZY summer nights.
*
I really do need to have this tree cut back before the neighbors start to complain about the street sign being completely covered . I think that's a job for J.
*
Well I guess we'll just see about that.
*
Tah Tah for now.

No comments:

A Glimps Of Our Odyssey

"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."