We may not have it all together, but together we HAVE IT ALL!

We may not have it all together, but together we HAVE IT ALL!
The contents of this blog (pictures and posts) belong to me. DO NOT take any of it WITHOUT my written PERMISSION.

A Glimps Of Our Odyssey

Friday, June 17

A Heavy Heart!

I have had trouble sleeping for the last few nights and my days have been filled with thoughts of sadness and anguish. I can't seem to stop thinking about the events of the past few days.
On Wednesday I received a phone call form my son Jordan, when I answered the phone he immediately asked me If I had heard the news, I responded that I didn't know what he was talking about. 
He went on to inform me of a TERRIBLE tragedy that had occurred in the life of a Beautiful girl that we all love very much. I didn't want to believe what he was telling me about this dear person we all loved and respected. He sent me a link to KSL so I could read the news report. When I opened the link I saw her photo displayed and my heart began to ache, I felt so sick inside.. Out of curiosity I googled her name to see what came up. EVERY single news outlet in Utah had it front page. Could it be possible that this lovely young mother could really be capable of committing an act as vile as what she was being accused of?
*
Our sweet girl Suni in happier days!
*
This girl had been our nanny, she was not only a good friend to us but she cared for our children, they all loved and adored her, her husband, and her parents.We considered her to be "family" I was beginning to question my judgement of her character. My heart is aching for her parents, her wonderful husband and for her children. If these allegations are indeed true her loved ones will be the true casualties of this situation..
I have been wondering why she would make such a bad choice that would affect her and those around her so adversely. Didn't she realize that her actions would harm those she loved?
And then 3 thoughts came into my mind.
1) What ever happened to INNOCENT until proven guilty?
Why do we believe that just because it's printed in black and white, or on the Internet, 
or reported on the news that it's fact, it must be true. 
WRONG!
I know for a fact that people get accused falsely and that the
 "Officials" in charge OFTEN get it WRONG
I have watched as so many people I know and Love have been falsely 
accused and prosecuted for acts they did not commit. 
They're lives and the lives of those they love get DESTROYED by others who are ignorant, or dishonest .
2) My thoughts turned to our Savior Jesus Christ and the Atonement... 
I began to take comfort in knowing that if my dear sweet friend did indeed commit this terrible act, that she would have the benefit of forgiveness through our Saviors atonement. 
While He was in the garden of Gethsemane He atoned for each one of us, including her. 
He took upon him our sins and afflictions, and He did it for each one of us INDIVIDUALLY
He saw us, He  saw our faces, He knew our names. 
And because of this we can be forgiven and healed if we will learn to apply the atonement in our lives.
3) Judgement, Is not my place...
Just because it's on the Internet and in the news does not mean it is TRUE! 
It's not my place to JUDGE her, just by what I read and hear..Again it should be INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty!
**
Gordon B. Hinkley Said:
"He lives, the Savior and Redeemer of all mankind, whose Atonement came as an act of grace for the entire world. . . . He has done for us what we could not do for ourselves. He has brought meaning to our mortal existence. He has given us the gift of eternal life. . . . God be thanked for the gift of His Son, the Redeemer of the world, the Savior of mankind, the Prince of Life and Peace, the Holy One." 
**

Flashback Friday
These go way back, I'm not even going to put the dates... Makes me feel too old!
Little Allie flower girl at my cousins wedding
*
My sister's and I.
*
First Grade
*
My Mom, me and my older sister Kathleen
*
Jay and his older sister sherrie
*
Classic Jay
*
Jay Grand Tetons
*

No comments:

A Glimps Of Our Odyssey

"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."