It's that time of year once again, that's right we leave for Mia Shalom in 2 weeks, and to be perfectly honest I have been dreading it since January.
**
Our whole group at camp last summer!
**
Our whole group at camp last summer!
I LOVE my calling in the Young Women's organization.
This calling has blessed my life in ways I can't even begin to describe.
But camp is just something I HATE... My idea of roughing it is a Marriott hotel,
This year will be particularly hard considering we'll be in snow knee deep.
I remember the first year I went, I walked into the cabin where we would be sleeping for the week and I wanted to throw myself down on the floor and cry.
Seriously I felt physically Ill. I DON'T do cold and dirty very well at all!
I know, as Jay would say
"BUCK UP ALLIE"
Sometimes I truly get tired of hearing that! So I have decided to do it I'm going to
BUCK UP, I guess that means be TOUGH!
**
I LOVE these ladies, we not only serve together but we are GREAT friends as well.
This photo was taken at the end of the week
which explains why we were all so punchy and looking so fresh and lovely!
*
Deb, Judy, Lisa, Me and Vania
I know, as Jay would say
"BUCK UP ALLIE"
Sometimes I truly get tired of hearing that! So I have decided to do it I'm going to
BUCK UP, I guess that means be TOUGH!
**
I LOVE these ladies, we not only serve together but we are GREAT friends as well.
This photo was taken at the end of the week
which explains why we were all so punchy and looking so fresh and lovely!
*
Deb, Judy, Lisa, Me and Vania
Today I took some time to count my blessings given to me form a very loving Heavenly Father
Wow was it ever a reality check for me. How can I be so selfish? Why am I trying to find excuses to get out of serving His children when He has given me so much?
What's one week out of my life....NOTHING when you really look at the big picture.
So I have decided that it's time to look for the POSITIVE side of camp and MAGNIFY my calling.
I'm going to give it everything I have, I'm going to give back a little to the Lord and be grateful for this opportunity to serve, and I look forward to the blessings that will come from my obedience.
*
Vania, me and Deb.. taking a much needed break.
Me with my BEAUTIFUL girls.. Love these girls they're the BEST!
What's one week out of my life....NOTHING when you really look at the big picture.
So I have decided that it's time to look for the POSITIVE side of camp and MAGNIFY my calling.
I'm going to give it everything I have, I'm going to give back a little to the Lord and be grateful for this opportunity to serve, and I look forward to the blessings that will come from my obedience.
*
Vania, me and Deb.. taking a much needed break.
Me with my BEAUTIFUL girls.. Love these girls they're the BEST!
My sweet pint sized BUDDY Annie.
She graduated this year so she won't be coming to camp...GOSH I'm gonna miss her, it makes me cry every time I think of camp without her presence.
She graduated this year so she won't be coming to camp...GOSH I'm gonna miss her, it makes me cry every time I think of camp without her presence.









2 comments:
i am so excited for girls camp this year because we rough in every year in tents and cooking outside, but this year we get to go to the heber valley girls camp where we actually get to shower!!!!!! so excited. hang in there you will survive! all we can do is make the best of it. last year in the middle of the night we got caught in a bad rainstorm and all the tents flooded and at 2 am we had to find places for all the girls to sleep. we also had waterskiing planned which the girls were sooooo excited about but that day it rained so we couldnt go talk about panic and trying to find something to do all day. we also had to send 2 girls home for smoking. not out best camp but looking back now we can laugh!
I feel your pain. We have scout camp coming up next month and I've experienced the same feelings. At least your have great leaders you work with and great youth in the ward to make it more enjoyable than it would usually be.
Post a Comment